2022 Ford F-150 features and specifications
The F-150 has a tough and rugged exterior design that demands attention. The body of the truck is outlined in muscular curves and is highlighted by a sleek and sculpted hood. Last year, the F-150 received a new grille design as well as new LED headlights that carried over to this year's model.
The stylish body is made out of military-grade aluminum alloy. This not only ensures the body is strong and durable, but it is also lightweight which allows for a higher power-to-weight ratio, which helps to provide impressive payload and towing capacities. Underneath the body is a fully boxed high-strength steel frame that helps to add to the overall durability of the truck.
2022 Ford F-150 Buying Options
The F-150 is offered in three different cab configurations: The Standard Cab, the SuperCab, and the SuperCrew Cab. No matter which cab you choose, you will be getting a spacious and versatile interior. There is plenty of legroom in both the front and the back seats.
There are also several convenient features located throughout the cabin. For instance, the F-150 offers an available interior work surface. The innovative Work Surface allows you to transform your centre console into a portable desk, which can turn your cabin into a temporary office.
The F-150 comes standard with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment display; however, a larger 12-inch touchscreen display is available. Both displays come standard with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a Wi-Fi hotspot. There is an available B&O sound system as well as a built-in navigation system and SiriusXM radio.
The F-150 comes with a wide range of standard safety features. Every model comes equipped with a reverse camera that includes a Dynamic Hitch System. This helps you to clearly see and navigate when towing a trailer. Other standard safety equipment includes:
• Advanced Airbag System
• Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
• Lane-Keeping System
• Post-Collision Braking
• 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
• Curve Control System
• Tire Pressure Monitor System
Power and Performance
No matter what you need your F-150 for, there is an engine that is powerful enough to get the job done. This year, the F-150 offers several engine options to choose from. The various engines that are available include:
• 3.5-litre Powerboost Hybrid V6 engine that delivers 430 horsepower and 570 lb.-ft of torque. This engine is able to tow up to 12,700 pounds and has a payload capacity of 2,120 pounds.
• 2.7-litre EcoBoost V6 engine is able to deliver 325 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft of torque.
• 5.0-litre V8 engine is paired to a 20-speed automatic transmission and is able to deliver 400 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft of torque. With this engine, the truck has a payload capacity of 3,325 pounds.
• 3.5-litre EcoBoost V6 engine is paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission and can deliver 400 horsepower and 500 lb.-ft of torque. With this engine, the truck can tow up to 14,000 pounds.
• 3.3-litre V6 engine delivers up to 290 horsepower and 265lb-ft of torque.
• 3.0-litre Power Stroke Turbo Diesel delivers 250 horsepower and 441 lb.-ft of torque. This engine has a towing capacity of 12,100 pounds.
• 3.5-litre Twin-Turbo EcoBoost engine is paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission and can deliver up to 450 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft of torque (Only offered on the Raptor).